wife of a lewy body suffere
Which of these best describes you?
I am a caregiver - caring is hard as the man I have been married to for 46 is no longer there, he has assumed another character but I love him still and will care for him at home for as long as I can.
If your loved one was experiencing signs of dementia, would you keep it a secret?
No - There were a few people I told but not many as I wanted to preserve his dignity.
Who are you here for?
Partner - He is my life and love and he would look after me if the tables were turned.
The thing I miss most is...
- a really good conversation and discussions
I first began to worry when...
- He couldn't concentrate or do things he had done all his life
The hardest part of my today was...
- Seeing him hallucinate and become confused
The best part of my day today was...
- When he thanked me for a delicious lunch and meant it
I didn't consider myself a caregiver until I had to...
- you do what you must for those you love
I have found the most support from...
- carers association, tunbridge wells, kent, east sussex, uk.
I have felt most abandoned by...
The thing that would surprise most people about my day is...
- using patience nobody thought I had, nor did I
The funniest thing that has happened was...
- can't think of anything funny, only sad
The gift of being a caregiver is...
- seeing him smile